Welcome To Our Website
The first radiation protection law in Kenya, then a colony and protectorate of the United Kingdom, was passed in 1948. This law, referred to as the “Radiation Protection Ordinance-1948” established a Radiological Protection Board composed of the Director of Medical Services as Chairperson, the Chief Radiologist and one medical specialist as members.
The current law, Radiation Protection Act (Cap 243 of the Laws of Kenya), which was passed by Parliament on 29th December, 1982 came into force on 1st November, 1984, followed by the establishment of the Board on 25th November, 1986 under the Ministry of Health.
- Regulatory and Licensing
- Radiation Protection Services
- Photo Gallery
- License Application Form
- Statutory Requirement for Licensing
- Register of Licencsed Radiation Facilities
- Register of Licensed Radiation Workers
- Register of Licensed dealers in radiation sources
- Register of Accredited Service Providers
- Affiliated Bodies and Organizations
- Licensed Radiation Workers